I usually set aside the third week of the month for Tuesday Tales, but I've been nominated for the Liebster Award!! Thank you so much to The Manic Writer Shannon. I was shocked to see that in the comments. It's good to know people actually stop by here lol.
Here are the rules for the Liebster:
So, I won't waste anymore time. Let's get into these questions!
- How did you get started writing? Back in the 1st Grade, they handed out blank books for us all to tell a story in. I told a weird biography/fiction about my older sister lol. But after that, X-Men: The Animated Series came out, and I loved those characters and the stories so much that I tried to do a teenage version for about 7 years. I keep trying to revamp it, but we'll see what happens.
- What do you love most about being a writer/blogger? I love when fresh new ideas come into my head and I can actually execute them into something tangible on "paper." It's exciting.
- What do you hate most about it? When the well is dry. lol I don't know if it's because of my age, because I remember writing down countless ideas as a teenager, but now, maybe because the many directions adulthood pulls your mind, the ideas don't flow as well as they used to.
- If you don’t write full time, how do you manage your writing time and still feel productive? When I have down time at work, I try to sneak in some writing. Wherever or whenever the ideas come, I try to hold onto them long enough for me to write them out.
- What helps you organize your writing work the most? Organize? What is that word? Is it real? ;) I'm a pantser, so there's almost no organization when I write. Whatever comes comes, no matter where it falls in the plot.
- Name your inspiration. Another author you look up to? A teacher who encouraged you? Someone else? I discovered Octavia Butler in college, and just to read some of the things she said made me feel great to know it wasn't just me who was thought to be weird for writing speculative fiction. I also look up to N.K. Jemisin; her writing has changed my life and made me so hopeful!
- If you are having trouble settling down to write what is your go to so you can make it work? See question 4. lol
- Do you write at home or away from home? If away, where? I write wherever I can.
- Do you let family read your work? I used to. I'm not sure that they're all that interested anymore.
- What is your favorite book? Why should I read it? Read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. Read the whole trilogy! The Broken Kingdoms is my favorite of the three books, but sometimes you need context, so start at The Hundred.
- What one piece of advice would you offer to someone who just discovered they want to be a writer? Keep writing and start learning.
2. What was the first book you remember reading?
3. What are you currently reading?
4. Do you like movie adaptations of books? Why or why not?
5. (Might be a trick question, but you never know) Was English your favorite subject in school?
6. What was your very first blog post about?
7. How has your writing evolved since your first story?
8. Name an author you couldn't live without reading.
9. Where is your favorite place to read?
10. Where is your favorite place to write?
11. When it comes to writing/blogging where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- The Book Babe
- Stephen Tremp
- Dani @ Entertaining Interests
- Jackie @ Bouquet of Books
- Sarah @ The Faux Fountain Pen
- EdgyAuthor Heather Holden
- Diana Wilder
- Molly Blaisdell
- Joyce Alton
- Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
- Donna McDine!