Happy 1st Friday of the last month of the year! Whaat?!
The Cover Girls, Dani and Jax, have created this weekly list that's quick fire, fun, and interactive for their readers. The topic today is: 5 Ways to Help Those In Need.
The good thing about this (as someone with not a lot of money) is that there ARE more than one way to lend a helping hand, especially during the holidays!
1. Volunteer at a Nursing Home
2. Give old (but gently used) clothes to Goodwill or the Salvation Army
3. Get a sandwich for a homeless person outside a fast food place (even for the less wealthy, there's almost always a dollar menu!)
4. Sit and talk with a stranger who looks down and/or out
5. Turn in canned goods you buy and never use.
What are 5 things you can think of?
I've done these at one time or another -- all except #4. I'd be afraid of trying that now that we've moved since my language skills might not be up to par...
You could also give your old clothes to a battered women's shelter, although it isn't as easy as Goodwill. I know Goodwill sells the clothes for a profit--although people who are economically disadvantaged rely on their items to be able to buy clothes for their kids and such, so it is a good service.
Great tips! I do donate my clothes from time to time, but I don't think I'd be brave enough to do #4. I already have a hard enough time talking to people who aren't strangers, LOL.
Post a Comment